20061006

SPI Flash work

Just a quick note today.

I have most of a driver for the At91rm9200 written to deal with AT45D* (and a few other) flash parts connected via a spi bus. These parts are common boot parts, and there may be other manufacturers that have compatible parts.

In the project I'm working on, I'll need this to update the boot blocks as well as the kernel and ram disk that will live on this part. Maybe I'll update the boot blocks to cope with formatting this part as a filesystem. Given the non-standard block size, however, I'm unsure how well this will work unless I hide the non-standard size behind some kind of wear-leveling layer that takes the 1056 byte blocks and converts them to 1024 blocks. For the moment, however, I'm going to take the simple path and allow for data to be read/written and worry about these issues later.

No comments: