20070523

Ativa Wireless G Network Adapter

I stopped by Office Depot today to buy a wireless usb card. I wound up getting the rather generic sounding Ativa Wireless G USB network card. This turns out to be a rebadged Belkin F5D7050 v4000 wireless card. This has the ZyDas ZD1211 chipset in it. This is a fairly popular chipset to judge by ebay (where it is just about the only chipset advertised).

There's a Linux driver. Well, there are two. One that was basically binary only that was written by ZyDas, and another that was a rewrite by the community. I'll have to see if there's one for FreeBSD :-)

3 comments:

laemodost said...

OpenBSD 4.1 introduced a driver for Zydas Wireless USB sticks.
This should be easier to port.

Warner Losh said...

Funny you should mention that, because that's one of the drivers I discovered last night after my post. See newer posts for the status of my trying to port it over.

Warner Losh said...

Current versions of FreeBSD support this device with the zyd(4) device. Works great!