20081214

DLink DIR-615 Rev C1

Today I saw that Office Depot had a DIR-615 on sale for $40.00. It was a new hardware revision: C1. I took a chance that it was a new non-Ubimax based router. I'm glad I did, at least so far.

The router is based around the Atheros AR9130 CPU. This is MIPS based, so there's a good chance that I'll be able to put FreeBSD onto it. We'll see how it goes.

I'll report more when I get a chance to examine the RAM and Flash parts, as well as map out the serial port to see what is reported there. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

X-Istence said...

I recently purchased the D-Link DIR-615 Rev A from Newegg. Has there been any news on getting the wireless functioning? The .o that is included with the firmware that can be downloaded from D-Link.

Warner Losh said...

Not yet. This unit has an obsolete radio part in it. If all goes well, support for this part will be included in some work that is happening for newer parts. At this time, however, there's no support. I'd been planning on swapping cards to make things work, but haven't had the time to devote to this project...

Stephen Gutknecht said...

This router is identical to one sold by Trendnet - it is an Atheros AP81 platform router.

OpenWRT now boots, but we don't yet have a working driver for the wireless - ethernet only.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=43228&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Stephen Gutknecht said...

The ath9k Linux driver now works on the wireless!

Thread on OpenWRT.org forum

Global_Technical_Support said...

Looking for DLink Support UK, visit on:
d-link router