20080722

Taking a break from FreeBSD core team

As has been recently announced, the FreeBSD project has selected a new core team. The project elects a new team every two years. This time, I've decided to take a break from the core team. I have a new son and I want to spend more time with him and the rest of my family.

I've had a great time on the core team. I've been serving now for 8 years. I've really enjoyed being on the core team and leading the project through some difficult times. Since my son and family are taking a lot of my time these days, I have limited time to spend on the FreeBSD project. I've done my time in the administrative side of the project for a while, and I want to spend my limited time working to make FreeBSD a better platform for the embedded platforms. I'm taking a 2 year break. We'll see how things are in 2 years...

I wish the new core team luck, although they are good people and they won't need my luck to be successful.

1 comment:

flauran said...

This is well-deserved rest, thanks for dedication.

Hope you'll have plenty of quality time with your son!