20180724

Arm testing

Testing before the branch

So, tonight I tested 4 images that were 12.0 snapshots. I downloaded all the arm images that the re@ produces. The version string was 20180719-r336479.

GUMSTIX is impossible. There's no hardware it could run on, so I ignored it. It has an GUMSTIX XSCALE kernel, but a new GUMSTIX Duovero uboot and armv4 user land. Complete no go.

WANDBOARD and RPI2 booted on their hardware. I was able to dd the images and put them into my existing test bed. They just worked (but I haven't done more than just test boot, so caveat emptor).

I recently bought a new Raspberry Pi 3 B. I had a couple of RPi 3 (v1.2). I couldn't get any of them to boot at all on the RPI3 arm64 image. No output at all. [Update: thinking it may be a bad uSD, so will try again]

I also tried my old Pandaboard. It didn't work: no valid DTB was found in ubldr. [update: after selecting a good DTB, I get a core dump attaching ti_sdma_attach when calling device_get_softc()\

Later, I tried the CUBIEBOARD config on an actual Cubieboard. It worked too.

[UPDATE] PINE64 worked on my PINE64 kick-starter board. Woot!

On a related note, it was a sad day. The RPi3 B replaced my old Atmel AT91SAM9G20 board. It's my last Atmel hardware that I've turned off (I still have a ton of old Atmel gear, and some newer armv7 A5-based ones, but none of it is powered on: FreeBSD never supported the new gear, and the old gear barely works anymore).

No comments: